The Department and its various entities deliver the following services:
Activities of the divisions:
In line with the agricultural policies of the fmard which include but not limited to:
· Increasing food and nutritional security;
· Increasing rural income growth;
· Improving agricultural export earnings;
· Reduce food import dependency;
· Provision of policy regulatory administrative services.
Development platform/impact assessment of ata:
· Merits of ges on the impact of farmers;
· Tangible ways ges/ata made in the lives of farmers;
– Participated in a 3-day national retreat on ethics, transparency and fraud prevention- 22nd -24th september, 2014;
– The servicom division organized a workshop on “clerical staff performance improvement” for 50 clerks of the ministry on sgl 01-07 on 23rd october, 2014 at hamonia hotel, area 11; garki, abuja; conducted by dugab internaional ltd.;
– It also conducted a sensitization exercise for 36 servicom unit desk officers in the ministry’s state offices in the six geo-political zones in december, 2014;
– The division equally attended a meeting involving representatives of fepar and servicom office on the implementation of the citizen mark in respect of the ges scheme held on thursday, 12th february, 2015 in the office of the director, farm input services and submitted a report on same;
– Presently serving as the secretariat of the ministry’s adhoc committee on relief support to internally displaced persons (idps) in the north eastern states of Nigeria.